Under U.S. law, asylum may be granted to foreigners who can establish a well founded fear of persecution if they were returned to their home countries based upon their political opinion, race, religion, nationality, or membership in a particular social group. At The Korda Law Firm, we have successfully obtained asylum for people from many countries, allowing them to legally reside in the United States.

We are dedicated to helping people escape persecution in their home countries, and securing for them a safe haven here in the U.S. The process is lengthy and complex, the procedure is formal and usually involves a hearing before a judge of the Immigration Court. It is, therefore, strongly recommended that you consult an experienced immigration attorney before embarking on this course.

Did You Know?

A refugee or asylee may apply for permanent resident status in the United States 1 year after being admitted as a refugee or being granted asylum status. If you are a refugee, you are required by law to apply for permanent resident status 1 year after being admitted to the United States in refugee status.

If you are an asylee, you are not required to apply for permanent resident status after being granted asylum for 1 year. However, it may be in your best interest to do so.

If you are in need of an attorney who specializes in U S Citizenship and Naturalization services, contact The Korda Law Firm today for an initial consultation at (239) 298-0441 (Naples FL) or (323) 556-0693 (Beverly Hills CA).